past Sydney Stone

Close up of mobile phone making photos of sweater and cup of tea.

Information technology was dandy while it lasted. Only it's over.

After years of success buying and selling on the Poshmark app, I was done. I was a peak seller, with over 333,000 followers. I had regular repeat customers that were amazing, which is the only existent drawback to quitting Poshmark…I loved these folks!

Merely and then I had a bad customer service feel with Poshmark that caused me to wonder if all the time I was spending on the app was worth it. And it turned out that for me, it wasn't. Then I took all of my inventory and created my ain online store called Shop Stylaphile. ( Click below if yous want to learn how I did information technology and open a shop of your ain!)

HowToStartYourOwnOnlineStore

Now I have a lot more command over what I'm selling and I don't accept to pay Poshmark fees or a 20% commission to anyone. Plus, nigh of my regular customers followed me over and connected buying from me. And more chiefly, I don't accept to deal with the following Poshmark problems that caused me to quit altogether.

Spacer

Reason #ane. Poshmark customer service sucks.

Spacer

Here'southward the bad experience I had that was the impetus for my Poshmark deviation. A Posher purchased a very unique acme from my closet. It was in perfect condition. When she received it, she filed a case with Poshmark help stating that the attachment didn't work. She fifty-fifty supposedly sent them video proof.

I always took keen intendance to make sure every slice I sold on Poshmark was in excellent status. If there were any flaws whatsoever, I would disclose them in my description. I certainly would never list an item with a faulty zipper. This person just received the tiptop and either didn't like information technology or found out information technology didn't fit her and wanted her money back.

I responded to Poshmark and informed them that the zipper worked perfectly when it was shipped, just they sided with the buyer and returned the item to me. The first matter I did when I received the top back was check the zipper. And judge what? It worked just fine. I contacted Poshmark Support to permit them know, but they never responded. So I never used the app once again. Of all the online apps I've ever used, Poshmark customer service is by far the worst. Given the high Poshmark fees that sellers have to pay, this is just unacceptable. I'm certainly not alone in my opinion. Just google Poshmark reviews and see for yourself.

Spacer

Reason #2. Lowballers on Poshmark are the worst.

Spacer

Ugh. Lowballers are the worst. They're the reason I stopped accepting offers on Poshmark altogether. Plain these people are only willing to pay $5 for ANYTHING in your closet, whether it'due south an authentic hard-to-find Coach bag or a vintage Versace dress. I got to the point where if someone offered me less than half the request price, I would just block them. Merely when I establish myself blocking people all twenty-four hours long, I just stopped accepting offers period. I would write in my description "Concluding Price" and "Price is House," but Poshers would even so offering me $5.

If y'all can't exist bothered to actually read the item description and respect the seller's policies, then you really shouldn't be on Poshmark.

Spacer

Reason #three. There are too many unethical buyers, trolls and Poshmark scams.

SpacerWhile the majority of people who purchased items from my closet were grade-act Poshers, I did have my collective share of bad apples that found their way to my Poshmark business relationship. These are the people you rush to the postal service role for so yous tin get their item delivered ASAP, but then once they become it, they don't even bother to mark it every bit received. Then you have to wait iii days for your funds to exist released. Or the folks that give you a ane-star review with no specific reason. And how nigh the ones that requite you a depression rating because they didn't like the fit? Like somehow, that's your trouble and non the manufacturer'southward?

And and then there are the trolls. I found ii types of trolls exist on Poshmark. There are the trolls that comment and enquire a gazillion questions about an item (virtually of which accept already been answered in the description…the i they couldn't be bothered to read). These people never purchase anything and it seems their sole purpose for existence on Poshmark is to waste your time.

And then there are the pervert trolls. These are men who have found Poshmark and created accounts but so they can ask y'all to "model" that pair of high heels or that tight dress. Again, there should exist more seller protection offered by Poshmark when information technology comes to trolls like these and Poshmark scams in general.

Spacer

Reason #iv: Poshmark is a massive time-suck!

Spacer

The parties. The sharing. The answering questions. While I did enjoy the social aspect of meeting some really great people on Poshmark, the amount of fourth dimension I was spending on the app was ridiculous. Four times a day for the parties. Sharing first matter in the morning. At midnight my husband would say "Are you still poshing?"  I suddenly realized that all the time I was spending being "social" on Poshmark was keeping me from doing other actually productive things in my life, like exercising, writing, and spending quality time with friends and family.

I certainly don't miss the fourth dimension suck, and I'grand at present making a lot more money on my own site than I ever made on the Poshmark app. Of course, there are several other tiptop Poshmark sellers who are crushing information technology. I get that. I applaud that. I'm thrilled that for some people, it works. It just no longer worked for me.

horizontal-spacer